PCR test Requirements
Requirment for Ethiopia
- All passengers traveling to Ethiopia MUST present a negative RT PCR test certificate for COVID-19 before boarding a flight. The certificate validity shouldn’t exceed 120 hours on arrival from the date sample is given.
- Children less than or equal to 10 years of age are exempted from the RT PCR test certificate requirement.
- There shall be no COVID-19 test to be done on arrival at Addis Ababa.
- A Rapid diagnostic test (RDT antibody test) will not be accepted for this purpose.
- The above requirement does not apply to transit passengers.
- All Diplomatic and Service (including United Nations and African Union) passport holders, including their immediate families, are advised but not required to have a certificate of negative PCR-COVID-19 test before arrival to Ethiopia. However, anyone (diplomatic and service passport holder including their immediate families) who come to Ethiopia without negative PCR COVID-19 test result, is required to stay in quarantine for fourteen (14) days at home.
Where to take pcr covid test
Aqua Travel Clinic and Pharmacy
59 Mill Ln, West Hampstead, London, NW6 1NB. Phone: 020 7435 4273 £130
C&H Pharmacy & Travel Clinic
179 Blackstock Rd, Highbury, London N5 2LL. Phone : 020 7226 2500 £130
Life Pharmacy – Oxford Street
489 Oxford St, Mayfair, London W1C 2AU Phone: 020 7491 8444 £99 Hours: Monday to Sunday: 9am – 11pm
Life Pharmacy – Brompton Road
213 Brompton Rd, Chelsea, London SW3 2EJ Phone: 020 7590 9995 £99 Hours: Monday to Sunday: 9am – 11pm
Randox Health https://www.randoxhealth.com/covid-19-home-testing-kit/ Use ETCOVID95 when check out to buy the kit for £95
Oval Medical Centre
2 Clapham Road, Oval, SW9 0JG Phone : 020 7582 6000 – Home testing kit £99
COVID-19 travel guidance
Following identification of a new variant of the virus, international travel from your area may be increasingly restricted because of domestic regulations. Different rules apply in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. For example, those in Tier 4 areas in England will not be permitted to travel abroad apart from limited exceptions, such as work purposes. Follow all the rules that apply to you.
Other countries have closed borders, and may restrict movement or bring in new quarantine rules with little warning.
Check our advice on things to consider, and be prepared to stay overseas longer than planned.
global cover for covid-19
Being the largest aviation group in Africa, Ethiopian Airlines Group, with its valuable partners is pleased to announce that we shall cover on all our international flights booked with us through Ethiopian tickets, the Medical expenses, Repatriation, Evacuation and Quarantine costs related to COVID-19 as from 1st of October 2020 until 31st of March 2021.
benefits of your global cover
If you are diagnosed with COVID-19 during your travel, we will cover your medical expenses up to 100 000 EUR as well as your quarantine costs up to 150 EUR per day for a maximum of 14 days.
We also offer repatriation and evacuation service whenever needed and provide 24/7 assistance through our hotline +44 2 073 057 472
The global cover is valid for 92 days for round trip and 31 days for one-way trip. More information about your worldwide cover is available in the Terms and Conditions section.